Whether you are watching your weight or just saving room for all of the chocolate Christmas has to bring (me), you can still incorporate pizza into your diet. It is possible to have a healthy pizza recipe that is both low in calorie and high in nutrition. If you are also on a no-carb diet, this is a GREAT way to have a truly delicious dinner and not feel on the outside of people eating pizza around you.
1 small wheel goat cheese
1 red onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp oregano
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Cut the red onion in rings and place in the oil.
- With a wooden spoon, prevent the onions from sticking to the bottom of the pan– slowly cooking the onion until caramelized
- Cut the eggplant into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 20 min, or until the eggplant is soft.
- Spread the goat cheese (amount to your liking) on each piece.
- Sprinkle on oregano
- Place your caramelized onions on top of the eggplant.
- Put back in the oven for about 10 min.
- Serve and Enjoy!