If you do not know by now I love oatmeal. Pretty much in any form. I used to not be a fan of baked oatmeal; however, I am starting to like it a lot more. I can prepare it before my run, put it in the oven when I get back, and it is ready in 20 min. Oatmeal is slow realizing energy so it keeps me fuller longer giving you the energy that you need throughout the day. With that said, it does not just have to be oats and water. You can make it quite tasty. For example, this is a apple spice baked oatmeal. This is for a single serving.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon splenda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/16th tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I sprinkled extra on the top as well)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour into a small greased baking pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Take out and Enjoy!
Happy Healthy Baking!