I know it is still August, but since I leave for Ireland in four days, I am ready for fall! This is one of my favorite seasons, especially for the spices and tastes that come out within the next few months. Although many pumpkin breads are filled with cream cheese, creams, and oils, here is a deliciously moist and low-calorie pumpkin spice bread. This recipe makes 2 loaves. If you cut the bread into 16 pieces, each slice is about 100 calories! Enjoy these delicious and savory flavors to get you ready for fall!
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups Splenda
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup no-sugar added applesauce
15 oz Pumpkin puree (not the pie filling– pure pumpkin puree)
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, splenda, baking soda, baking powder.
2. Add in the cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
3. Slowly add in the applesauce, eggs, and the pumpkin puree.
4. Make sure you scrape the bottom of the bowl and make sure that all of the ingredients are mixed together fully to create a smooth batter.
6. Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 min. Take a toothpick and check the bread at this time. If the toothpick comes out clean, then you know it is done!
8. Make sure the bread cools for at least 10 min before trying to cut.
Happy Baking! Enjoy!