This is one of my favorite recipes because it is so easy, delicious, and HEALTHY! You can eat this, feel like you are eating a cookie, but then not feel guilty at all! I adopted this recipe from onceamonthmom.com. It can be used a wholefood snack, dessert, or even grab two and have a great morning breakfast start!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberry (or any other dried fruit– apricots are great as well)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with wax paper.
2 Peel bananas and mash with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in the applesauce.
4. Stir in oats.
5. mix in the vanilla, cinnamon, splenda, and flax.
6. Then fold in the dried fruit.
7. Drop with a spoon onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes.
It comes out of the oven smelling delicious and moist. It is a hit at summer parties because it is light and fresh!