Happy Easter from my kitchen to yours! These “bird nests” were a hit this year. It is a simple coconut macaroon with some added decoration to make it perfect to celebrate Easter! Note that you can make them anytime of the year and just not form them into bird nests. I hope you enjoy this treat. Holidays are the Best Days! God Bless.
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt.
3. Stir until blended well.
4. Add in the coconut and mix well.
5. Scoop out a Tablespoon size of the batter and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Form the cookies into the shape of a bird nest.
7. Press down the center with your thumb.
8. Bake cookies for 13 min. The timing might change depending on the your oven, so judge when they are done by looking at the edges. Once they are slightly golden brown, you know they are done.
9. Remove from the oven and immediately push down the center again with your thumb.
10. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for additional 3 minutes until they are completely set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
11. Melt a little bit of chocolate and put into the center of the nest and add in the middle 2 Cadbury eggs (or any candy piece you choose) to finish the decoration.
Enjoy and Happy Easter!